Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First project and service hours

                The first paper went very well I thought. My group like many others had a hard time finding time to meet and finished the project in the time we had. I thought that the finished product was very good given the time we were given for the paper. That being said all of our solutions were good and could have been used by the shelter to get more volunteers. We picked the solution that we did because it wouldn't cost the shelter any money and it would get a decent number of reliable and useful volunteers. The only problem I had with the project is that I wish that our team had a little more time to revise, because looking at my paper I know that are several things that could have been rewritten and improved. Overall I thought our team did well and came up with some realistic solutions for the shelter that could be of some real use to just about any organization that needs extra volunteers.
                As for my service hours, I have been struggling because I have not been able to do very many hours because the first half of my semester is much more difficult than the second half. So I will have to try and complete the majority of my service hours in late October and November. So during class, whenever the Cody asks if we have been completing service hours I have to twinge a little and wonder just how many hours other people have completed. Or if I am the only one who doesn't have very many hours completed. However on the matter of my own hours I know that I have several things lined up for the second half of this semester so I will be able to complete my thirty hours, I just hate the feeling of sitting around doing nothing when I have so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment